But as Sunday dawns, you've got a Republican Party in meltdown mode.
- They're macacca over lifelong racist Senator George Allen.
- They're contradicting over House homosexual predator scandal cover-upper Speaker Hastert.
- It turns out they did host corrupt super-lobbying Jack Abramoff at the White House a zillion times, leaked him key information, and even let him in on their longtime plan and date to attack Iraq.
- Baghdad is in curfew (rumors earlier of coup plans, now being called Green Zone suicide bombing watch) and a record three thousand citizens were killed in August. (Just imagine when they release the September numbers.)
- They're adding, through Bob Woodward's new book and at incredulous heights, to the Iraq-Vietnam War metaphors -- they went to Kissinger for advice and he showed them the damning memo he wrote in 1969!
- And their sneaky Path to 9/11 deceiv-a-drama has backfired, opening the door not just to Clinton's snapback on Fox but more revelation of how the Bush Administration completely dropped the ball on terrorism prevention pre-9/11, and, well, lied about it.
For a change, right?