Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Devil and Rudy Giuliani

Far rightwing Christianist Pat Robertson just endorsed an overjoyed Rudy Giuliani. What exactly is the common appeal?

Blaming liberals for 9/11.

Pro-torture. (Read: Crusade.)

Fascist capitalism.

"Southern" Strategy.

Ed Kilgore puts Robertson's waiving of all supposed "principles" (in light of Giuliani's previous support of abortion rights, gay tolerance, infidelity and divorce record) in a perspective that folks on my side of the line can understand:
I've tried to think of a Democratic analog for the unlikeliness of this particular endorsement, and the best I can come up with is Cindy Sheehan joining Hillary Clinton's campaign out of admiration for her energy proposals.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rudy's next endorser: Satan.

Mark Netter said...

Really interested to see if this infects him in the mainstream media the way Hillary's getting taken down for her question plants.