Thursday, December 18, 2008

NMS

Longtime readers know that I rarely write about my own life outside of my own reactions to politics or entertainment properties, but I do have to drop a shout-out to my new employers, New Media Strategies. The site linked to above will be dramatically improved in January, with literally hundreds of pages of great new material, an updated look and feel, and a company blog, but the overall gist is that NMS provides industry-leading intelligence, promotion and protection in the social media space, from blogs to videos, for corporations, entertainment companies, and on public affairs issues.

And it is the first job I've had where having a daily blog was a significant factor in securing the position.

I'll have more to say in upcoming days, but having just survived the excellent Xmas party, I do need to conserve my resources and get some rest. The take home message is that social media is now prime time media -- you may even be reading this blog between the hallowed hours of 8:00pm-11:00pm -- and a ten year-old company that has grown with the burgeoning medium can be a huge resource for the appropriate companies.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new gig Nettertainment! Look forward to hearing more about NMS.

Anonymous said...

Just a little note to say... welcome to NMS Mark! ...and super excited to have you on board. The new site, blog and year will be nothing short of awesomeness.

Here's to you joining the team and all of us making it happen in '09!

~ L.

ps - fun times at the holiday party, glad you could make it out east for the event :-)

Anonymous said...

New year, new administration, new job... it doesn't get any better than that. Congrats.