- In Ohio, Republican Governor John Kasich's anti-union law was struct down forcefully by voters
- Ditto the Mississippi anti-choice law defining personhood at conception - gone, gone, gone
- Arizona State Senate President and architect of the absurdly strict immigration law, Republican Russell Pearce, was voted out in a recall election after spending crazy amounts of dough
- Marriage equality is safe in Iowa thanks to a definitive Dem State Senator win that was supposed to be a squeaker with the Tea Party candidate
- Maine now has same-day election registration after the GOP ran ads against that voting right
- Even the Raleigh, NC school district went Dem majority...
- ...and Pittsburgh got referendum approval of a city library-supporting tax (.25/$1000 of property value)
It sure seems like proof that Republican overreach and partisanship has awakened the non-reactionary Americans from their electoral slumber. I'll be interested to see if they guys like Kasich "moderating" their positions or at least pretending to from here to the next election. Is this the beginning of the Obama "comeback?"
Because in non-Election Day news, Obama's healthcare reform just won a big court test (with conservative judges included), and the GOP's "front-runner" is making his own disaster much, much worse. Daily.
Is there a tide turning?
God bless democracy.
God bless these United States of America.