Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jew Don't Say!

Wow, George Allen really, really doesn't want to be in the club. Or maybe he just wants to be in a club that doesn't accept folks of my heritage/religion?

Per Talking Points Memo:
Speaking with The Times-Dispatch, Allen said the disclosure is "just an interesting nuance to my background." He added, "I still had a ham sandwich for lunch. And my mother made great pork chops."

Of course, as a very Reform practitioner of the Jewish faith, I also eat ham sandwiches, with mayo, and tasty pork chops. Even better, gimme a place of those bbq ribs, preferably from old Saltlick.

Maybe George is just being funny, like other Jewish comedians (Henny Youngman, Robert Klein, 1/2 of Ben Stiller). His quote is so Woody Allen. "Jew eat, George? Because I've got a whole stack of latkes hot off the griddle waiting for ya!"

Hell, I'd take one Barry Goldwater over ten George Allens.

Hey, George, are you prepared to offer the ultimate proof that you're no Hebraic American?

No comments: