Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mark of the Beast?

While I wouldn't exactly use Sigmund Freud's definition, I'm a believer that to some remarkable degree, physiology determines destiny. I also have a friend who once told me that he believes each of us chooses our own face.

Does the big "W" that's developed in the middle of Tony Blair's forehead bolster either of these theories?

Things are going kinda shitty for Bush's inexplicable ally. Tens of thousands of protestors are expected in London this weekend:
About 30,000 people are expected to mass in the city ahead of a three-hour march, under the banner "Time to Go", aimed at challenging Tony Blair's stance on a number of emotive issues: the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, the Government's response to the bombing of Lebanon this summer, the next generation of nuclear weapons, the building of new nuclear power stations and the deportation of failed asylum-seekers.

He says he won't give a date when he'll resign, but his very own Labour (Labor) Party, and his very Cabinet is in open revolt.

If I'm Tony Blair I'm thinkin', okay, supporting El Presidente in the Iraq fiasco might cost me my job, my friends, the respect of my electorate...but does it have to fuck up my face???

No comments: