Thursday, June 05, 2008

Next

Our long national...primary appears to be over:

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise...

...I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.


Assuming there's no huge shock before Saturday, all's well that ends well. Fingers crossed.

Howard Fineman reports that her own campaign staff reached out to Hillary Clinton's Senate supporters to urge her to wrap it up quickly, in a dignified manner, and unequivocally behind Presumptive Nominee Barack Obama.

Sen. Obama just made the first move in his first major decision by appointing three leaders of his VP search. The brilliant choice: Caroline Kennedy.

What is Clinton's leverage? I'd say very little, mainly because as of now, Barack Obama is already beating Sen. John McCain in the polls, for the first time outside the margin of error. While we know polls have been wacky at times this year, Obama as to weigh whether Sen. Clinton as running mate would actually lessen those numbers, losing independent voters responding to his change message.

Now, a once-ignorant El Presidente knows who Obama is. And today, a gift: Obama managed to get Hamas to condemn him for his speech at AIPAC.

One smear down.

No comments: