Sunday, November 01, 2009

Anniversary

Nettertainment friend DeRosaWorld is promising thirty count 'em thirty JFK assassination facts in 30 days, one for each day in November. I'm guessing it won't take the whole thirty to make the case for conspiracy rather than lone gunman, but follow for yourself.

This is particularly timely as the final two episodes of this Mad Men season hurtle towards that fateful day of November 22, 1963.

Today's fact has to do with Lee Harvey Oswald's contract with the American embassy during his extended stay in Russia...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT was quite the Mad Men episode - caught me by surprise, didn't realize it was coming tonight. I've never felt so emotional about JFK - the power of drama...

WWB said...

It's always the penultimate episode of the season that delivers the biggest punch, and no difference here.

Must say, I thought Sepinwall got it wrong. Not only did that convey what I presume that must have been like (all I can compare it to is 9/11, or maybe OK City) but it managed to do that while saying something about each of the characters and how they responded to it.

All I can predict is that next episode will be something of a letdown, but likely still better than 99% better than anything on TV not named "30 Rock".

WWB said...

And all I can add is that I wish Blogger allowed for editing posted comments for a few minutes afterward ( c.f. "better than ... better than"). {facepalm}