Monday, October 24, 2011

Disqualified by Birth

Republican Texas Governor James Richard Perry just disqualified himself from the U.S. Presidency in this Sunday's Parade magazine:

Q. Governor, do you believe that President Barack Obama was born in the United States?
A. I have no reason to think otherwise.

Q. That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”—
A. Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate.

Q. But you’ve seen his.
A. I don’t know. Have I?

Q. You don’t believe what’s been released?
A. I don’t know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night.

Q. And?
A. That came up.

Q. And he said?
A. He doesn’t think it’s real.

Q. And you said?
A. I don’t have any idea.

It's like a crazy one-act play by Harold Pinter.

So he visits Donald Trump to try and get his donation if not endorsement, hears the Birther nonsense from el topo and parrots it back to a family magazine reporter.

Du-oh!

When even Karl Rove says you're wrong to join the nutbags in trying to delegitimize Obama that way, you're in trouble.

When you bring up that canard within six months of the President presenting his birth certificate and then taking out Bin Laden later that week, you're disqualified for Commander-in-Chief.

It's a judgement thing, Rick.

No comments: