Monday, April 24, 2006

Advertising

I work in the field of entertainment advertising and marketing, so occasionally I see something out there that is actually kind of cool. Not just cool in a graphic way, but definitely with a graphic sense, some different feeling. Preferably with humor.

I have to say, and maybe I'm sympathetic because they have a blog, that this ad agency Hill Holliday has done a killer job. The blog is written by Baba Shetty agency brain. It's nice and conversational, but the thing is that the work is pretty cool, and best of all you can watch all five TV spots there.

The spots feature songs by They Might Be Giants (John Flansburgh & John Linnell big shout out to the The Mundanes). Fine pop tunes that never have to mention any product or corporate name, Dunkin' Donuts, nothing to sully it up.

"Doing things" (long-version) is the jaw-dropping one, a very clever extended reveal that's coordinated like Busby Berkeley into the hugest suburban scene ever packed into an ad spot.

But my personal fave is Pleasure, the one in the cars by the beach.

As the song goes,
The backs of my legs!
Sticking to the pleather
Hey Hey Hey Heyyyyyyy
!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»