Saturday, April 12, 2008

Smiley

Jane Smiley, author (13 Ways of Looking at the Novel, A Thousand Acres, a really good episode of Homicide), sums up my feelings towards the Clintons and especially Hillary Rodham Clinton now that she's popped the lid off her narcissistic socio-psychosis for all to see and bathe in its spew:
I cannot believe how angry this makes me. I cannot believe that after the last seven and a half years, I can even get this angry. Yes, I know she is pandering to her audience. Yes, I know she will do anything to get elected. Yes, I know that she and Bill Clinton are corrupt to the core, and that I should have never expected anything better of her. But, please, any of you angry white women who still support this craven shill, don't mention it to me. Do me the following favor -- apologize to your children for not stopping the war that HIllary voted for, the war that is going to impoverish them. Then apologize to them for the effects of global warming that are going to make their lives hell. Then apologize to them for the school shooting they may someday see, the one where the kid gets the guns out of his father's gun case, or buys at a gunshow. Apologize to them for the meaningless wars they are going to fight and pay for. Then tell them that "American values" killed their hopes and maybe killed them. And ask them if they think it's going to be worth it.
Even if she has Obama assassinated, I won't vote for her in the fall. I'll find a Third Party candidate I agree with (not Ralph Nader), a party I'd rather spend my vote on to up its ballot placement for the next election (where your Third Party vote will really count). It's not that I'd want John McCain or (should he not live to November) Mitt Huckabee to run our country, it's just that I can no longer trust her to do it.

Who wants to spend four years with her fucking up over and over again, clinging to loyalty, secrecy and victimization, and then spinning like crazy in a cynical attempt to bully the media in hopes it will scare the electorate enough to camouflage her disaster-prone shortcomings.

I'm sorry.

One Nixon in my lifetime was enough.

No comments: