Thursday, April 22, 2010

News Alert

Cable newsman does his job!


COOPER: You told our producer you voted for this because you get a lot of calls from constituents with questions based on things they have read on the Internet.

I mean, isn't it your job as a leader to actually lead, not to throw up your hands and say, well, who knows what's real or not on the Internet, to actually say, well, actually, you know, Hawaii has released this information, and it's factually correct?

ASH: Well, as I said, I haven't personally investigated that. But I -- I think that, if -- if...

COOPER: But, I mean, there's plenty of things you believe that you have not personally investigated.

ASH: That's true.

COOPER: Why, this, are you holding onto?

ASH: Well, what we're requiring here is for a -- a presidential candidate to demonstrate he is qualified.

And I don't think having any presidential candidate -- candidate show that he's qualified by demonstrating the requirements of the requirements, that there's any problem with that.

COOPER: You told my producer you thought the president spent a million dollars fighting the release of his birth certificate, and then that raised concerns for you.

(CROSSTALK)

ASH: That's what I have heard. As I said, it...

COOPER: Right. But that's not -- you know that's actually not true?

ASH: I -- I don't know that that's not true. As I said, I haven't studied it. You get a lot of information on the Internet. As you know, much of it is inaccurate.


It goes on -- brilliant stuff. Stupid Cecil Ash of Arizona. There's no talking to Ash or people like him -- Cooper tries, but facts don't count, just manufactured radical rightwing controversies designed to dehumanize and de-legitimize a winner they don't like, and the perverted political pandering that follows.

Shame on the stupid/racist/reactionary birthers, but greater shame on any morally corrupt enablers in the Republican Party -- like those making up the majority in the Arizona state legislature.

From either angle: pure evil.

1 comment:

Devoted Reader in Delmar said...

Just sad that real newswork such as this is so very, very rare.
Devoted Reader in Delmar