Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fleetwoods

Come Softly, Darling (1959)

dooby do, dahm dahm, dahm do dahm ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm ooh dahm
Mm dooby do


In G.O.P. Fund-Raising, Dole’s Star Power Dims
“I’m going to say it’s going well, because at this point in time, that’s what you need to say,” said Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi, who earlier this year publicly criticized Mrs. Dole’s recruiting efforts.

(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
(Come to me, sta-ay)
(You're my ob-session)
(For ever and a da-ay)


ANALYSIS-Gloom descends on Iraqi leaders as civil war looms
"Iraq as a political project is finished," one senior government official said..."The parties have moved to Plan B," the senior official said, saying Sunni, ethnic Kurdish and majority Shi'ite blocs were looking at ways to divide power and resources and to solve the conundrum of Baghdad's mixed population of seven million.

I want, want you to kno-o-ow
I love, I love you so
Please hold, hold me so tight
All through, all through the night...


Afghanistan close to anarchy, warns general
The most senior British military commander in Afghanistan today described the situation in the country as "close to anarchy" with feuding foreign agencies and unethical private security companies compounding problems caused by local corruption.

(Speak softly, darling)
(Hear what I sa-ay)
(I love you always)
(Always, always)


Buckley: Bush Not A True Conservative
Asked what President Bush's foreign policy legacy will be to his successor, Buckley says "There will be no legacy for Mr. Bush. I don't believe his successor would re-enunciate the words he used in his second inaugural address because they were too ambitious. … So therefore I think his legacy is indecipherable"

I've waited, waited so long
For your kisses and your love
Please come, come to me
>From up, from up above


Sustainable
by digby

The Bush administration are monsters. That is not hyperbole. There can be no other explanation as to why the secretary of state, the person in charge of American diplomacy, would be so crude and stupid.

(Come softly, darling)
(Come softly, darling)
I need, need you so much
Wanna feel your wa-arm touch


One of These Days Audiences May Remember John C. Reilly’s Name
A few weeks earlier, at the counter of a greasy spoon called the Apple Pan in the Westwood section of Los Angeles, a woman interrupted Mr. Reilly’s cheeseburger to say, “My boyfriend thinks he’s seen you on TV.’’

Mm dooby do, dahm dahm, dahm do dahm ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm do dahm, ooby do
Dahm dahm, dahm ooh dahm

No comments: