Thursday, July 06, 2006

Injustice

When I first heard that Kenny-boy Lay had bought the farm, or maybe the ultimate pension plan earlier today, my first question was, "Miscarriage of justice or goodbye to bad rubbish?"

At first I thought, yeah, everyone's gonna be upset he didn't serve all his maximum jail times (he would have had appeals, no doubt, maybe even have gotten sprung before too long), he didn't have the heart attack in the slammer, no real penalty for having ruined the retirements of all his employees and gamed the energy markets to the point of screwing over who swatches of the country, his henchmen laughing about grandmothers going cold.

I just thought, maybe no big deal, better to be rid of him for good. I'm not saying let bygones be bygones, I'm saying the reaper takes him and now we don't have to have him polluting our world with his immorality.

Then I read this:

Lay's Death Complicates Efforts to Seize Assets

Damn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep..his family will get to keep his illegally gotten loot..isn't that bs? The civil suits will take years to get to court and I am sure the family will have the major assets hid by then..disgusting.

Mark Netter said...

I'll be interested to see who tries to do what about it...