Friday, March 16, 2007

Bushicide Blonde

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) rocked the House today with star witness outed C.I.A. covert agent Valerie Plame, who was smart, appealing, patriotic without waving it like a club and, most of all, clear.

While I helped to manage and run secret worldwide operations against this WMD target from CIA headquarters in Washington, I also traveled to foreign countries on secret missions to find vital intelligence.

I loved my career, because I love my country. I was proud of the serious responsibilities entrusted to me as a CIA covert operations officer. And I was dedicated to this work.

It was not common knowledge on the Georgetown cocktail circuit that everyone knew where I worked. But all of my efforts on behalf of the national security of the United States, all of my training, all the value of my years of service, were abruptly ended when my name and identity were exposed irresponsibly.

Meanwhile, with George W. Bush and his henchmen's constantly swirling, morphing, metastasizing lies I mean explanations for the Gonzalesgate Prosecutor Purge, the contrast couldn't be starker. Dumb, stomach-churning, traitorous and, emphatically, unclear.

Plame is catching up to them (Bush's big WMD lie in the State of the Union address that made the supposed case for attacking Iraq), the Purge is catching up to them, the stock market is catching up to them (and, unfortunately, all of us), the probe of Gonzales involvement with the illegal wiretap eavesdropping that Gonzo got Bush to shut down is catching up with them.

Bush must be impeached.

Let's face it, whatever their twisted oligarchical motives, he just never tells the truth. Our President lies for a living.

It's a disgrace among nations and a serious impediment to advancing our country, both internally and internationally. He even lied when he said, upon the first revelation of the Plame leak coming from the White House, that he was launching an investigation to track down the leaker.

He lied, lied, lied, and he needs to be impeached and removed from office, even if it's on the last day of his Presidency. I'll be patient, the wheel of justice, I understand. They just have to turn, eventually, one full revolution to forcing upon him, finally, just one iota of culpability for his bad works.

By the way, don't just take my word for it. Here's why, despite all the self-promotion and personality quirks, I'm a big fan of Donald Trump.

He agrees with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In honor of St. Paddy's Day I nominate Fitz for Atty General.

(ps: Trump to GWB: "You're Fired!")
-m

Mark Netter said...

Speaking of fired...check out today's post (once I get it there).