Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rally Round

I could write about John McCain's temper or the massive uncounted votes in Harlem for Barack Obama, or even the fallen soldier bracelet he's been wearing since the soldier's mother gave it to him at a rally yesterday.

I could go over how, sure, he's a brilliant orator, but his policies do exist quite fully and are pretty damned smart. I could show pictures of his hugely successful rally in Eau Claire today. I could rejoice that for the first time Obama has overtaken Clinton in the "poll of polls" and worry about how many primaries or caucuses are still left for that to play out.

(The answer is 18 starting with Wisconsin and Hawaii this Tuesday, including Guam on May 3rd, and tailing out with Puerto Rico on June 7th for a grand total of 1075 delegates.)

I write about this wild change, where now 45% of Americans now believe that socialized medicine would be better for our country, besting 39% who think it'd be worse. I could tell you my thoughts on Hillary Clinton again choking up on the campaign trail just before a primary, while her campaign alienates still more voters with its arrogance.

But instead, I'd like to pause for a little patriotism. Something we can all rally around:



After all, we've already had two gay Presidents.

No comments: