Monday, March 27, 2006

Fascinating

A talented young writer-director to who's blog I have a link to on the side of this one is currently going though the script submission process at the same time that his feature directorial debut may be funded. The script sales process -- "going wide" -- is inherently fascinating, and over the past few days has made a robot that can write edge-of-seat reading.

Here's the set-up:
So we have two more agency passes on Ground Control. There are, I think, three left outstanding. But it definitely appears that we will be trying to sell the script ourselves. Without agency help.

I'm finding it a revealing look into a process often talked about but rarely diaried so clearly. If you want to catch all the suspense from the beginning (Friday 3/17/06) then start here.

As the first entry climaxes:
Anyway, that is the process. It all begins on Monday and if I understand everything it should only take a week or two to complete.

I suspect anyone who reads this entry be keeping their fingers crossed for this optimistic and intrepid screenwriting guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»