Thursday, March 23, 2006

Flashback

I've had a few folks ask me about the admittedly cryptic non-description of the blog-meets-life moment I had after getting sold out of V for Vendetta on Sunday night. At the time I wanted to protect the privacy of the other person involved, but since a little time has passed and the facts are not in any way scandalous, here's the story for those who still care.

Sometime over a week ago I wrote about my current favorite reality television program, better, funnier and more human by far than any sitcom, Beauty & the Geek. I praised the winners and urged my much more cultured friends to give it a chance, I guess maybe next season.

So I've left my car at the Arclight while heading to a nearby watering hole with the movie-missing friend, and when I head back to drive home, it turns out the person parked right next to me, also heading to their car with a buddy at that exact same moment, is the co-winner from the show, Josh! He's the geek half, of course, of "Josh & Cher".

I do one of those "are you who I think you are" looks, he's got that standing still waiting to see if I recognize him moment. I say, "Are you Josh?" and he fesses up. We have a terrific conversation.

Turns out Josh is a great guy like on the show, a deserving winner, who answers a number of my questions (yes, the way they edited it is a fair representation of what actually happened) and I tell him that I've written about the show on my new blog. He gets the URL and says he'll check it out. He also said he'd go in for the comments, likes to argue, give me "a run for (my) money."

I haven't heard anything from him this week and hope he's fine with this story, but it turns out he's a young screenwriter with one sale already under his belt, he stays in touch with the friends he made on the show, is a little more comfortable talking to women than before, and tends to dislike most movies while seeing a lot of them. He had just gotten out of V, maybe even the showing I had missed! And for those who watched this season you'll be interested to know that Wes is moving out here to try being together with Cher.

Good luck to all of them. But how strange that, in less than three short weeks, through a series of unpredictable events, blog and life are As One.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»