Saturday, March 25, 2006

Peaceful

I can't say I'm as well informed as I should be about the immigration issues of our day. Although I've heard criticisms of Bush's guest worker plan as legalized serfdom, is actually seems like it could be the sole policy on which I could be persuaded to agree with him.

But the GOP can't seem to agree with each other. Some business interests need seasonal low salary workers enough that they favor a guest worker program. Then there's the House bill making all illegal immigrants instant felons. How many extra beds are there at Lompoc?

So there were protests today in Arizona and Los Angeles. And my favorite kind -- peaceful. No hotheads, no FBI provocateurs, and half a million in L.A. alone.

Not a bad vision of America.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»